Here’s How To Actually Win The Lottery
The odds of getting struck by lightning are four times higher than winning the lottery.
So, needless to say, when I stumbled across a story in Business Insider about a guy winning the lottery over ten times, I had to click and find out what that was all about.
A guy named Stefan Mandel, a Romanian-Australian economist, defied those odds by winning the lottery an incredible 14 times.
His initial wins in Romania aimed to secure his family's exit from the communist regime, where he earned a meager $88 monthly.
Moving to Israel and eventually settling in Australia, Mandel continued his winning streak, accumulating 12 more victories.
The Secret To Winning The Lottery
However, today's lottery landscape has changed.
Mandel's method, involving buying tickets in bulk and printing them at home, is no longer feasible due to updated regulations in the US and Australia.
6-step Formula Mandel Used To Make Some Serious Cash
- Calculate the total number of possible combinations. (For a lottery that requires you to pick six numbers from 1 to 40, that means 3,838,380 combinations.)
- Find lotteries where the jackpot is three times or more the number of possible combinations.
- Raise enough cash to pay for each combination. (Mandel rounded up 2,524 investors for his push to win the Virginia lottery.)
- Print out millions of tickets with every combination. (This used to be legal. Now you would have to buy the tickets right from the store.)
- Deliver the tickets to authorized lottery dealers.
- Win the cash. And don't forget to pay your investors. (Mandel pocketed $97,000 after a $1.3 million win in 1987.)
For lottery winners aiming to secure their newfound wealth, financial experts advise assembling a "financial triad" comprising a lawyer, tax expert, and financial advisor. This team helps with smart decision-making, future planning, and shielding winners from financial pitfalls, enabling a stable, long-term financial future.
12 Ways to Help You Win Money Betting on Sports
Gallery Credit: Billy Jenkins
5 Ways to Make Money From Your Phone
7 Gas Saving Tips that will save you money!
Gallery Credit: KEVIN MILLER