Court Appointed Special Advocates Needed Now in Great Falls

Great Falls is a great community.  I believe that.  Sure, we have troubles that every town across the country faces.  Crime, drugs, high prices, the want for more entertainment or food places.

READ MORE:  The Do's and the Don'ts of Collecting Items in Montana

One thing that does bother me about our city is the children.  Every child deserves a safe and loving home to leave in the morning and return to in the afternoon after school.  Many times, though, that isn't happening in Great Falls.

Helping To Make an Impact as an Advocate in Cascade County

According to figures from CASA CAN in Great Falls, there are 174 children in Cascade County who are navigating the foster care system, facing uncertainty, and desperately in need of a strong advocate.

READ MORE:  Who IS Montana's Most Prolific Serial Killer?

Without a Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) volunteer, many foster children find themselves caught in a cycle without someone to advocate for their best interests.  CASA CAN of Great Falls is where you can go to help those children today.

94.5 Max Country logo
Get our free mobile app

Creating A Positive Change and Being a Voice in Great Falls

Becoming a CASA may be easier than you think.  Some of the qualifications to be one include:

  • Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid ID, and have no record of child abuse or violent crimes.
  • Pass the necessary background checks, provide references, and participate in an interview.
  • Complete the required 30 hours of pre-service CASA volunteer training.
  • Be available for court appearances with advance notice.
  • Commit to the CASA program for at least one year.
  • Complete 12 hours of training each calendar year.

If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a CASA-CAN volunteer, you can visit their website at or call them at 406-315-1799 or you can email CASA CAN at

These 25 Children Are Missing in Montana

These children have been reported missing across the state of Montana. If you have seen any individual shown, please contact the Missing Persons Division at the Montana Department of Justice here, or you can contact your local law enforcement agency.

Gallery Credit: JD Knight

Summer Camps in Great Falls with Tres65 Studios for Your Kids

Keep the kids occupied with Summer Camps this year in Great Falls. With all these different activities, the kids should have plenty to keep them busy through the entire summer school vacation.

Gallery Credit: JD Knight

See If You Share a Birthday With a Rock Star

Who do you share a birthday with?

Gallery Credit: Chad Childers

More From 94.5 Max Country